SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Surratt Conference - A Big Thank You and Heartfelt Joy  (Read 783 times)
Barry Cauchon

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2011, 06:23:06 AM »

Hi all: For those of you who attended the conference, I am late saying this (I have been on vacation this week) but I truly enjoyed my time with everyone. I had a great time and really could not be more pleased with how everything turned out.
I am happy to have made new acquaintances but was especially thrilled about meeting up with my old friends again. Always good to see John in person and work on our book together face to face.
Randal, I had a huge blast with you. Our Smoot trip with Laurie on Thursday and Ford's Theatre/Fort McNair on Friday was a riot. There was a lot of laughing going on those days (and all weekend).
Laurie and the rest of the Surratt folks were as wonderful as always and I'm so glad that you allowed me to participate with you this year. Julie and Susan....thanks so much for your support and help throughout.
Steve Miller...what can I say. Always a joy.
Can't forget John Howard and Richard Sloan. So great to see you all.
Terry Alford was a joy to see again and chat with.
Great to meet Lindsey and Dave this year, as well as Jim Garett and Wesley. And of course, Rick. Great seeing you again on Friday.
Now who have I pissed off by forgetting those that I met (lol). Love you all baby!
I'm going back on vacation now but will be home on Sunday and catch up with everyone then.
Have a great weekend and seriously, thanks for the great week.
Barry
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »

Thanks for the great post my friend!
I had a blast with you too! Especially the conversation in Ford's gift Shop! LOL!
I emailed her! Haven't heard back yet, but thanks to you, it may happen!

Standing on "the drop" was especially exciting too, thanks for taking me there.
I know I speak for all of us when I say we can't wait for your's and John's book to arrive!

Thanks again Barry, and I better close before I get mushy!  Wink And it was GREAT to meet Christine too! (she's a keeper dude!)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 05:08:28 PM by Randal » Logged
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 06:00:20 AM »

Barry and I at the entrance, on Friday a.m.

EIsaacs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 01:53:35 PM »

Just wanted to let all the nice people that I had a chance to meet know, what a great time I had last week.  And the friendships I made, I will never forget. The Surratt Society Conference was a great learning  experience for me, and also a lot of fun. So to Barry, John, Randal, Steve, Laurie, Wes, Mike & Mary, Margery & Ed Steers, thank you for making me feel so welcome. I am truly looking forward to next year.

Ed Isaacs
Richard Petersen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 06:13:27 PM »

The conference and the escape tour I must put on my" bucket List"

If I am not mistaken the Surratt Society is sponsored by The Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission. Has anyone ever put a pencil to the revenue produced by Ms. Verge and staff. How many people came from out of state and used motels, rent a cars, restaurants etc.

For the power brokers in Maryland, how does Laurie Verge for congress in 2012.

After reading the great comments and the great time had by all I regret not being there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: