SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Original CDV tintypes  (Read 618 times)
Dr. Modestino

Good at relieving Yankee paymasters of greenbacks

View Profile WWW
« on: June 12, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »

O.K., I just got two original CDV tintypes printed in 1865 of conspirators!  I feel like a baseball card collector!

BTW, I got a full size Conspirator poster too!

Sorry to brag, I am just excited!

"In battle, in the fullness of pride and strength, little recks the soldier whether the hissing bullet sings his sudden requiem or the cords of life are severed by the sharp steel."  Seargent Smith Prentiss, 1847
Steven G. Miller

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »

Back in the 1970s  the Boothies used to call them "assassination bubble gum cards." Congrats.
nybronc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:22:10 AM »

Collecting-CDV's-tintypes-ambrotypes has been an"outlet"for me.The Finger Lakes[Western,NY] antique shops are "gold mines".What makes me feel good, is that I can take them to The George Eastman House and they can check for authenticity and value.So far so good!
Roger Norton
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 06:28:20 AM »

Herb, many years ago, when the "Lincoln world" was full of discussion whether or not the Kaplan daguerreotype (allegedly of Lincoln) was real or fake, I had phone contact with the George Eastman House. I was curious what the folks there thought. They all were incredibly nice and helpful. This was especially true of Grant Romer, a true expert in daguerreotypes and their history. It is my hope to someday visit the George Eastman House.
nybronc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 07:50:39 AM »

Roger and Laurie,Grant Romer is nothing short of brilliant! Once he examines your photos,he then teases you with some of their photos.They are pristine, crisp, sharp and etc.Talk about a kid in a candy store!
Mr Hess

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »

I visited the Eastman House back in the 80's
Highly recomended
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: