SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Corbett family update  (Read 381 times)
Steven G. Miller

Thanks, Bob!

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2011, 10:41:28 AM »

Sorry I've been so quite lately, but I have been busy researching and writing the first chapter of the Boston Corbett bio. I'm not so disciplined as Rob "writing machine" Wick and I write slowly and in fits and starts. I also discovered that I did not have much the story of the family. I have found some new and extremely interesting info on Bos's father, Bartholomew, in England and, thanks to ace researcher, DC Freer, I/we were able to identify the correct John Corbett, brother of Thomas. At the Surratt Conference in March I identified the person who I believed was Thomas' brother. I was wrong and the story was much, much more colorful and tragic than I even suspected. 

On my own, however, I have lately gotten on the track of the father and that, too, is a much more compelling tale than I first thought. I hope to be able to share it at some time, but will embargo it for now.
Rob Wick

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 03:55:30 PM »

Boy Steve, if I'm "disciplined" then that gives a whole new meaning to that word. Grin

Seriously, it's wonderful news that you're working on the Corbett bio. You are definitely the man to do the job! As Carl Sandburg once said to Amy Lowell "ain't it hell the way a book walks up to you and makes you write it?"

Best
Rob

Using the internet since the 1990s to avoid actually getting something accomplished.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: