SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lincoln's Rockstar Hair  (Read 1112 times)
LincolnMaster
« on: October 25, 2011, 11:39:15 PM »

didn't know Lincoln went through such a good hair phase.  please elaborate..
Roger Norton
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 03:04:20 AM »

He thought it looked better than this style. The photo below was made by Alexander Hessler when Lincoln was in Chicago on February 28, 1857.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:31:42 AM by Roger Norton » Logged
Roger Norton
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 05:17:19 AM »

Here he is listening intently as Mary was giving him a tongue-lashing about finding a new barber.

Joe Gleason

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 06:00:45 AM »

I think someone found this on a wall in the barbershop where Abe had his hair cut.   Cheesy

Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »

Too bad you didn't put 'Our Brutus' on his IPod!

"It was a walking graveyard"
Jenny

Jenny

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 08:57:26 AM »

That's hilarious!! Great job once again, Betty!

"In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays. Forms change and pass; bodies disappear; but spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision-place of souls"
- Major General Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain.
Bronte

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »

I actually think he looked tons better in the first picture.That is the look that my hubby's nephew tries to accompolish daily.Sometimes it works and sometimes it looks like he had a bad experience with the power outlet..I'm sure some would say that Lincoln must have gotten caught in a bad electrical strom or something.Oh well to each his own right? Shocked
Houmes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 04:29:04 PM »

Moving down Mr. Lincoln's anatomy, one of my staff members just ran across an absolutely gross reference to a holding in The Dime Museum in Baltimore.  This museum is a collection of weird items that used to appear in carnival sideshows and freak shows around the country in the 1900s.

Hold your breath for this one:  The Dime Museum claims to have Abraham Lincoln's last bowel movement...!!!

The Dime Museum in Baltimore closed in 2006, when the partners, Richard Horne and James Taylor (the author, not the singer), parted ways.  They split up their collection of oddities and Horne sold his at auction in February 2007.  He tried to peddle some of his treasures on eBay, and that's where I first learned of Mr. Lincoln's dung.  I figured at the time it was a spurious eBay ad, as they do appear occasionally and can be quite funny; distasteful and outrageous perhaps, but still funny.  If interested, you can see the alleged relic as Lot #105 at: http://boingboing.net/2007/02/12/american-dime-museum.html

Mr. Taylor took his collection and opened a bar (still in operation as of May 2011, with live carnival acts) in Washington, DC, called the Palace of Wonders at 1210 H St NE.

At the auction, Richard Horne also sold an alleged finger of Amelia Earhart.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »

Looks like Barry and I will be headed to the Palace of Wonders (before) conference time in Surrattsville, Wink

Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »

You guy's keep it up, and I'll ban the whole damn thing! Wink

BoothBuff
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »

Do the right thing, brother. End it!!!! (The Railsplitter actually had a picture of that mess a few years ago.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:53:17 PM by BoothBuff » Logged
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 08:19:25 PM »

aw, I was jes' kidding. I work at a zoo, so I get tired of fecal matter on a daily basis. Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: