SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Birthday****STEVEN MILLER  (Read 1160 times)
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:16:47 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"It was a walking graveyard"
Steven G. Miller

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 04:34:15 AM »

Thanks, Randal. At least you made me taller than Bos.
Rob Wick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 05:59:22 AM »

Have a happy birthday Steve!

Best
Rob

Using the internet since the 1990s to avoid actually getting something accomplished.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 06:00:38 AM »

You may want to do what I do when my birthday falls on a work day. I take a M.H.H. (mental health holiday) Wink
a 3 day weekend baby! whoo-hoo! Grin
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:02:14 AM by Randal » Logged

Dave Taylor
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 06:29:36 AM »

Happy Birthday, Mr. Miller! Here's to the man that truly exemplifies the phrase "you're a gentleman and a scholar."
Steven G. Miller

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 06:42:17 AM »

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everybody! Thanks, too, to Randal for finding the photo of Bos and me. That's the one that Edwin Stanton personally tried to suppress.

What isn't commonly known, and that you can't tell from the photo, is that Corbett actually had a sense of humor. Through the long exposure time he kept trying to crack me up by whispering "knock, knock" jokes. I did a pretty good job of keeping a straight face, but almost lost it on one.

He said under his breath, "knock, knock.

"Who's there?" I said out of the corner of my mouth.

"Atzerodt" came his reply.

"Atzerodt who?" I said back.

"Atzerodt with me if you crack up for Brady's camera!!"

It was near thing, but I managed to make through the two minute countdown.

I got him back later, however. I put a tack on his cavalry saddle! That'll teach him!

PS, Dr. Dave. It's good to see your "Have yourself a Boothie little Christmas" avatar again. I love the Rudolph nose and reindeer antlers on the getaway horse.
Roger Norton
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 09:05:20 AM »

Happy Birthday, Steve.
Steven G. Miller

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 12:06:36 PM »

Thanks, everybody, for the wonderful birthday greetings! I'm very honored to have such good Boothie friends and such warm wishes. I'm going to try not to have another birthday for a full 365 days, but I'd swear I just had one a couple of months ago.

As Randal will find out soon enough, after you hit the big 60 the occurrence of birthdays seem to speed up and they roar by on a pace that would make Sonic the Hedgehog envious. OY!
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 10:24:36 PM »

Thanks, everybody, for the wonderful birthday greetings! I'm very honored to have such good Boothie friends and such warm wishes. I'm going to try not to have another birthday for a full 365 days, but I'd swear I just had one a couple of months ago.

As Randal will find out soon enough, after you hit the big 60 the occurrence of birthdays seem to speed up and they roar by on a pace that would make Sonic the Hedgehog envious. OY!

I made an important, life-changing decision today, I've decided NOT to enter my sixties, but to go back in time, so for now on, I request you refer to me as Randy, and a thirty-something young punk. Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: