SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Randall  (Read 467 times)
Barry Cauchon

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:55:28 AM »

Hey Randall: I hope this doesn't sound too mushy coming from me but I wanted to thank you for your site and these great discussion boards you have.
Where Roger Norton's wonderful site is one we can all be envious of. And I have a blog where features like "An Awesometalk With" and "State Your Case" are presented, your site offers that last great need of interaction and discussion. It's a great place to visit and I'm trying to get here as often as I can.
So I just wanted to say 'thanks' for having it here for us to share and explore old ideas with new spins and opinions.

I also wanted to let you and the dedicated folks who have supported John and me with our book and documentary pursuits that we took a small tumble yesterday when National Geographic turned us down after a month of good talks. According to them it was not the content but two issues.
1. Marketing: They wanted to tie our documentary with The Conspirator film and felt that they had been left with insufficient time to organize that prior to the film's release sometime late this fall.
2. The other point was very valid and I really appreciated their candor. Audience. The detail we presented speaks to people who are already motivated and educated in the field of Lincoln assassination.  However, the general public would need a lot more 'simple backstory' to understand some of the content we were presenting. He was bang on with that comment. And although that backstory will be in the book, you only have about 40 minutes to tell your story in a documentary.
So where I should have been disappointed in their decision, I was very good with it because it really felt honest. And as you folks have already stated to us, you understand what we are presenting (as did they) and that encourages us to keep moving forward. So, the book continues and more networks are being pursued.

Thanks for your encouragement, your enthusiasm and your help in keeping us informed and involved.
Best
Barry
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:20:22 PM »

Thank you for the kind words Barry!

I guess I owe you, as you bought the last round.  Wink

We can't wait for the book!!

Best,

Randal
Barry Cauchon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:54:07 AM »

Thanks to all of you for your friendship and support. I have faith that things will all work out. Also, thanks to those of you who wrote me personally to wish me well. You guys are just so darn nice!

And yes Randall, I did buy the last round but am a patient person. I'll be sitting at the bar at the Colony South as 10:00pm, Friday night, March 18, 2011 waiting for you to buy the next round.!
So all is good. LOL.
B
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »

You bet Barry, and I'll even bring two sets of ear-plugs!  Maybe they will have some acoustic act there instead of the ear-splitting JAM BAND! What did you say?....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: