SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Surratt Society 2012 Conference - Looking forward to seeing you all  (Read 8687 times)
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 05:54:46 AM »

I certainly had a great time at the conference! Barry, Betty, Nancy, Linda and Phil Anderson and I got a behind-the-scenes peek at the 8 hoods the conspirators wore ! 4th. Floor holding area at the Smithsonian! It was an un-believable experience!
The conference was well organized as usual. Sunday (with)the  above mentioned, sans Barry, along with Richard and Irene Sloan went and toured the new Lincoln exhibit across the street from Fords, I was not impressed Wink

I learned a few new words while traveling with original "boothies" Betty and Nancy Griffith, such as "pocway", "dea" (which I surmise was an animal), "cold-caucasion",  and some that I cannot put on a family forum!

All in all, I had a great time, and Laurie and I didn't get into one argument,  Shocked  it's already a solid-gold memory!
Last night (sunday) , I spent the night at the Bryantown Tavern, courtesy of Bob Cook, and this place is un-believable!
Thanks Bob for thr hospitality!
I am getting ready to leave Bryantown to head to where the big iron birds nest, but before that, I'm heading back to Surrattsville to see Laurie, and see if we can tango Cheesy

"It was a walking graveyard"
Thomas Thorne

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 09:02:09 AM »

I enjoyed meeting you all -or is it you'll- at the conference this year.   I was touched by your gracious reception and the feeling is mutual.   I am eagerly looking forward to next year.
    Tom
Nan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 10:52:32 AM »

I, too, loved the conference.  It was a great chance to meet new people - put names with faces and hear wonderful presentations. Thanks to everyone who came up to introduce themselves and say hi!

Nan

Nan
NJREB1863

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »

It sounds like you all had a great time. I plan on attending in 2013 and look forward to it. It will be a pleasure to hear all the speakers, meet some of the experts in the field, and maybe even get a few of my books signed as well.

Tony
NJREB1863

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 02:05:20 PM »

They still haven't corrected the arrangement of the  stirrups on Lew Powell's saddle - also a misquote on one plaque regrading Lew Powell "hiding near the Navy Yard Bridge" - maybe I'm just being picky.....

Betty, you're not being picky at all. As Joe Friday on Dragnet used to say, "Just the facts ma'am". That's what we all want. Facts, so that people learn the real history and don't perpetuate inaccurate or outright wrong information.

Tony
Thomas Thorne

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2012, 02:25:17 PM »

Lesson for Tom:  It's y'all - as in y'all come back, ya hear?!
   Now that Laurie has taught me the correct spelling of y'all, I will have no trouble clearing Confederate Customs next year.   Smiley
   Tom
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2012, 06:33:01 PM »

I am now revealing the REAL reason Laurie and I didn't get into any arguments when I visited the Surratt House Museum upon my arrival last Thursday.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/dscn0177u.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:36:03 PM by Randal » Logged

Dan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 07:52:28 PM »

Betty I thought you were refering to the first sentence that looks like it got cut off.  Not a very nice adjective by the museum for describing Davey and Lewis!  Wink  Sounds like  the conference was a great time.  Love the Photo. Was it loaded?  Grin
BoothBuff
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 09:29:08 PM »

That's hilarious!! I found my new screen saver! (Laurie & Randal's showdown!)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:30:39 PM by BoothBuff » Logged
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 04:55:08 AM »

Here's another of  Barry, me, Linda Anderson, Phil Anderson, Betty, and Nancy Griffith outside the Smithsonian after seeing the 8 conspirator hoods.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 05:43:43 AM »

Role Playing. Laurie as Lew, and me as Frederick Seward

Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 05:48:17 AM »

Author, Jerry Madonna signing his book for John Howard.

Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »

Kate and Betty!

Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 07:27:13 PM »

Here's a better picture of me and Kate Larson. Better of Kate, anyway! Wink

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:29:01 PM by Randal » Logged

Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »

Thanks for posting that Betty! I think there were a few others that didn't get the memo that we were doing that group shot, but a terrific turnout none the less! Lindsey and Kate always have a great smile and both are very photogenic! Wink

I forgot to bring my "We Miss You Steve" banner!  Sad
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:13:26 PM by Randal » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: