SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Surratt Society 2012 Conference - Looking forward to seeing you all  (Read 5580 times)
Barry Cauchon

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2012, 12:19:29 PM »

Hello my friends. I'm looking forward to catching up with all of you who will be at the conference in March. I am anxious to see who is coming. Let me know.

As for me, sometimes my many interests take me away from the Lincoln Assassination research community as has been the case over the past six months. I decided to try my hand in acting on the stage and soon was cast in my first play. Last night was Opening Night for The Crucible (a tale of the Salem Witch trials). It is a heavy play but being part of the 26 person cast, it has been a blast. I play the part of Judge Hathorne, a pompous, arrogant man with little tolerance for the Puritan peasants that he helps to persecute. I get to yell at lower class children, women, farmers and anyone else whose misery and suffering help me climb the ladder of success to eventually become a Boston judge. I'm having a blast! It is fun to play the bad guy! The scary thing is I'm doing it convincingly! Anyway, seven performances to go and then I'm sure I'll be back to helping John finish our next supplement for the conference.

Speaking of the conference, other than continuing to show more detailed photos as promised last year, we will cover the question of how many different photo shoots Alexander Gardner conducted to capture the conspirator photos on the monitors. We reviewed various accounts, newspapers, diaries and of course, the photos themselves, to come up with a very plausible answer to this long debated issue. You may be surprised at the results. Finally, we'll try to simplify the understanding of the conspirator hoods. There has been a lot of misinformation (IN THIS INDUSTRY!!!! SAY IT AIN'T SO!) so we hope to clear up the confusion. We are looking forward to sharing our info with everyone and catching up with all our friends and newcomers.

Have a great day.
Barry
Barry Cauchon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:21:50 PM »

PS. Miss you Randal!
Wesley Harris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 12:11:10 PM »

Laurie,
how are registrations for the conference going?  Full up yet?
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »

"Memo to Randal:  We just added ham biscuits to the Friday night reception buffet." 

Make enough so I can take them back to my hotel room for a midnite snack!

Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 11:52:29 AM »

So, as Barry said, who's all coming?
Thomas Thorne

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 01:24:57 PM »

I will be at the Conference
      Tom
Dave Taylor
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »

While the conference doesn't align with my spring break as it did last year, I will be there for the weekend.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 04:10:22 PM »

The Roster so far, by my estimation:
Thomas Thorne
Laurie Verge (duh!)
Dave Taylor
Betty Ownsbey
Linda Anderson
John Howard
Richard Sloan
Bill Richter
me
Lindsey Horn
Rick Smith?
Joe Gleason?

plus speakers Barry, and Wesley

Did I leave anyone out? I would like to get a group photo at some point during the speaker break, to post on here after it's over.

If I left anyone out, I apologize Wink
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:41:40 PM by Randal » Logged
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »

Thanks, I forgot about John, my apologies John. And Nan is Nancy, don't know her last name, and I'm certainly glad Jim Garrett will be there, we'll have a great big group photo! (if we can all get together)! I'll try at the start of the lunch break. Maybe we can have Julie annouce it before we break for lunch, for members to hold back for a minute! C'mon Joe, register! Wink ya gotta be there!
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 05:45:25 PM »

Excellent suggestion, thanks!
Joe Gleason

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 07:57:37 PM »

Randal,
I'll register this week.  Smiley

Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 08:16:44 PM »

GREAT Joe! See ya this weekend! We gotta lotta catching up to do!
John Stanton

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »

I spoke with Joe Gleason yesterday and he has a problem - he is short one vehicle. I don't want to talk about his business, but he may need a ride. Anyone live in his area?  Give hime a call later to see if the problem disappears. I can bring him Friday night. 
Nan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 03:51:18 AM »

I'll be there!  Nan Wirth

Nan
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 06:18:07 AM »

Great Nan! Look forward to meeting you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print