Username  
Password
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Horses  (Read 7349 times)
Rick Smith

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 07:47:05 PM »

As a follow up to my last post, regarding Owens; he also stated to Col. Wells that after he rowed Harbin, Baden & "a man he did not know" {wonder who this was?} across a creek, that he saw them headed in the direction of the Potomac.  He admitted later to Lt. Currier that he put them across the Potomac.

Also, from Come Retribution, John Lloyd, who was brought to Bryantown for questioning, told Col. Wells that Austin Adams might be likely to harbor Booth & Herold at his tavern in Newport.

Rick
Joe Gleason

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »

Laurie,
I believe, based on the Owens statement , that Harbin and Baden did cross at Banks of the Dee or somewhere in the area directly across from Gambo. Check out the name of the previous owner. Don't we know someone named Menchin Lloyd?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:59:17 PM by Joe Gleason » Logged
wild bill

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 10:57:06 AM »

I found the first 10 chapters of CR to be fascinating and not that hard to read. Just look at the "Logic Trail" first and read it a couple of times. I also found Tidwell to be a fascinating, mentally sharp guy, even though I never met him. But I did have the privilege to catalogue his papers in 12 file drawers in the JOH library after I read CR and wrote LCH based on it. It rates more than to be a doorstop--but then, I like fruitcake, too. I have even been called one--and worse!
Thomas Thorne

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »

I also read and profited from "Come Retribution" and really enjoyed "LCH".   I am not yet persuaded of a Confederate government plot.    I am reading Wild Bill's "Sic Semper" book.   While Wild Bill and others have rescued JWB from the historical looney bin, I am not yet prepared to accept Booth as a profound political thinker. 
      Tom
wild bill

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »

You are correct, Thomas. Booth was a borrower, not profound in his political thought--aren't we all?
J Madonna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »

As much as I respect the talents of Confederate leadership, I suppose I'll never know the motivations of the leaders (especially in Ga and Va) who decided to cast their lots with the demigods of South Carolina and Mississippi. Maybe that might make a good Sunday survey discussion question.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »

Work it up for this Sunday Survey Jerry.
Just be sure to put the date on it, and post it!
Thanks
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »

The only thing that scares me is a pi$$ed-off 10ft. Black Mamba and my wife, when she insists that I do something she asks.
Everything else is a piece of cake.
BoothBuff
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 06:30:17 PM »

And Jerry, make sure you give a lot of examples/names regarding the S.C./ Va./ Ga. & Miss leadership for the slow kids. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: