SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the Lincoln-Assassination.com Forum  (Read 6931 times)
LincolnMaster
« on: December 06, 2009, 09:53:42 PM »

Due to the popularity of the Lincoln-Assassination forum we are expanding.

Please register and commence posting!

TO CREATE A PICTURE:

we created a directory for you to upload avatars to.

Creating your Avatar

Click on > 'profile' tab
>then, 'Forum Profile Information' on the lefthand side
> from there, click inside the circle next to 'upload my own picture', then >choose file
....choose your picture from your computer.  then simply click on the 'Change Profile' button at the bottom of the page.  and your're done.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:18:11 PM by LincolnMaster » Logged
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 01:20:32 PM »

NEW RULES FOR POSTING

No name calling, or profanity.

No posting in all caps. It’s considered to be screaming and is rude.

Flaming, deliberate insults and personal rants are not allowed.

Posters should not use the forum to promote a service, a product or a business.

Posting the same things over and over is called “scrolling.” It uses up bandwidth and usually results in banning.

Gossiping about other forum members or “trolling” (trolls are people who add inflammatory or off-topic posts) are not allowed. (I think we all realize that we had a troll in our midst a few months back and this caused a lot of turmoil.)

Don’t post large attachments that require downloading.

Don’t respond with empty posts: things like "agreed", “way cool”, or “lol”.

The person who set up the forum pays the bills for the bandwidth and takes the trouble to run or monitor the site, and he owns it. If he wants to dispense with any or all of these rules it is up to him. If he wants to ask that posters not publicize similar forums or blogs on the same topic, that is our prerogative. Forums are not democratic; they are property of the owners and are not run by popular vote. It’s Randal's forum and all the rest of us are guests.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:10:54 PM by LincolnMaster » Logged
LincolnMaster
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »

For the last few months, I have received Moderator Messages regarding members advertising "blogs, forums" regarding the Lincoln Assassination on this website.

While posting newspaper images, documents, photo's, etc., relating to this subject is encouraged, the posting or advertising "like" site's on this forum is prohibited. Randal and I have both received messages from this Forum regarding this, and Randal and I do not want any "similarity of appearance", i.e., "similar-sites" related to the Lincoln Assassination, as Randal has endeavored to make this "site" a one -of-a-kind. He also does not advertise his site on other similar sites in order to keep this "site" original and unique.
He does not want this "site" to be a launching pad for other "similar" sites.

Please try to adhere to this request. If you have the need to "alert" other members of this Forum to another "similar" site, please "Private Message" that member with the URL.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Newcomers, please register and commence ot posting!

LincolnMaster

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: