SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Corbett  (Read 664 times)
Dan

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2012, 07:56:58 PM »

Can anyone confirm Boston Corbett's wife's name?  Did he have a Brother?
Thanks!
BoothBuff
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »

Yes. Mrs. Corbett.  Cheesy
Steven G. Miller

Thanks, Bob!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »

Thomas H. Corbett's wife was named Susan Rebecca.

In answer to your question: Yes, he had a brother.
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:27:05 AM »

Thanks Steve.. and Joe  Cheesy

I'm just starting research his family tree. I have not subscribed to Ancestry yet. I've checked some of the freebies, so this will help.
Steven G. Miller

Thanks, Bob!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 10:37:36 AM »

Dan,
Tracking down the correct Corbett family is very tricky. In 2006, I spoke about Bos' at the annual Surratt Society assassination conference and at that time I was unsure of the identify of any of Thomas/Boston's close relatives. In 2009 I had a breakthrough and was hot on the trail of Thomas's brother. In 2011 I found who I thought was the right guy  (the brother) and did an update when I spoke again at the Surratt conference on digital research. The pieces mostly seemed to fit, but there was a slight edge of doubt in my identification. Shortly thereafter a researcher contacted me and convinced me that I was 'barking up the wrong family tree", so to speak. He presented me with evidence that I believe now and, whew, saved me from giving the wrong identification for the brother.

It was in the form of a letter, that I already had a copy of, BTW, but one that I had not checked over enough to understand the clues in it. He persuaded me that this was the right brother and as it stands now, I believe this to be the correct one. You'll pardon me if I keep this close to my vest for the time being. I AM writing a book, after all, and I have to save SOMETHING for the publisher. Suffice it to say that the brother was quite different from Bos' and that he died young and tragically.

During the last year I have been ferreting out the story of Thomas/Boston's father and his career in England. That, too, is quite an interesting. When I get things organized in the way that I'm comfortable with, perhaps I'll post something about what I've found. (Here's a hint: from time to time I use a photo of something the father was involved in as my Avatar on the forum.)

Steve
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »

Steve that's fascinating. I look forward to reading your book. I'll send a message to let you know what I've been up to with B. Corbett.

Thanks again.  I'll be watching your avatar for hints.  Wink

Best,

Dan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: