What if Boston Corbett had not fatally shot Booth?

<< < (4/10) > >>

Randal:
"Personally, I think there are some aspects of the Lincoln assassination that we overthink - and this is one of them.  Sometimes, the obvious answer is the correct answer."

Very, very true!

Randal:
Quote from: BoothBuff on May 14, 2012, 07:28:25 AM

I mentioned the 12 days quote from the last paragraph of your post # 12 because I can't see how it matters. I believe he was drinking on the 14th. And may have even been drunk, judging from Crawford's statement, but I've never heard of him drinking at Garretts.
     Unless I'm missing something (it happens to me a lot here), the auopsy report states the ball traveled downward and to the rear. If it entered from the right side or front, it's entirely possible that Booth shot himself.

I'll ask Dr. Houmes to comment on that. I thought the shot came from the rear, or, a rear entry-wound.

wild bill:
Unfortunately, Laurie Verge, the Surratt Society, Rick Smith and/or I do not own the copyright to the article Randal wants to illegally reprint again (we went through all this back in February, but I believe it has been deleted). So we cannot grant him permission to reprint.

Should anyone like to read the article in question I took these entries, the article is in two parts) off off google (sorry but I am not computer-wise, so you are on your own):

Booth Bombshell: Not Suicide By Cop! Part 3 | Suite101.com
rick-stelnick.suite101.com › History › American HistoryFeb 10, 2012 – Could John Wilkes Booth Have Committed Suicide at Garrett's ... was Booth physically able to have committed suicide in such a way as to ...
Booth Bombshell: Not Suicide By Cop! Part 2 | Suite101.com
rick-stelnick.suite101.com › History › American HistoryFeb 10, 2012 – Could John Wilkes Booth Have Committed Suicide at Garrett's Farm? by William Lee Richter and Joseph E. “Rick” Smith III. It is a familiar story .

Randal:
Hahah, nope,, sorry, I don't want to illegally re-print it, but i can't understand for the life of me that you let Stelnick copyright it! It's beyond my pea-sized brain ;)

I have something else though, stay-tuned!

Gene C:
Who knows what's going through someone's mind in such a desperate situation?  From what little forensic evidence I have read though, it seems highly unlikely Booth killed himself.  How many people try to kill themselves by shooting themself in the neck?

An intersting article from the Indianna State University Library "Neff-Guttridge Collection" (don't laugh)

http://library.indstate.edu/about/units/rbsc/neff/PDFs/guttridge_identification.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page