SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Peterson House - White House Body Bearers  (Read 2288 times)
BoothBuff
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 03:13:17 PM »

The theater that was the church burned in 1862. It was rebuilt as a theater. I think there may be something to the stigma thing, as I recall hearing that Peter Taltuval yelled out - "Don't bring him in here."
BoothBuff
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 07:50:55 PM »

When Ford turned the church into Ford's Athenaeum, a church member prophesied that no good would come of such evil use. Not too far off the mark, considering the fire, assassination and collapse.
Gene C

Fido

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »

Dr Leale and Dr. Taft made the decision to move President Lincoln out of the theater.  Dr. Leale was only 23 at the time.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:08:24 PM by Gene C » Logged

The more you know, the more you think the less you know, because you know that you don't know.  The less you know the more you think the more you know, because you don't know that you don't know. 
 (Not bad for an old dog)
J Madonna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 06:27:16 AM »

I know they made the decision to move Lincoln out of the box, which made sense. But did they give the stretcher bearers an ultimate destination? I'm not sure that the record is clear.

I think the stretcher bearers probably found themselves going down the stairs and out the door on their own.

Anyone who knows more, feel free to enlighten me. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: