Michael O'Laughlen death

(1/3) > >>

cbhuppert:
Does anyone out there know of any documentation which proves Michael O'Laughlen's death?  I have searched and can't find any. [Traditional historians hold that he died in the Dry Tortugas of Yellow Fever in September, 1867, but I find that the only source for this is two letters from Samuel Mudd to his wife, Frank].  Any help would be appreciated.

rksummers:
O'Laughlen's death is recorded in the Fort Jefferson Post Return for September 1867 - see lower right hand corner of report.

Steven G. Miller:
There some folks who believe that Mike O' survived and spent his last years over in Muscatine, IA.

http://muscatinejournal.com/news/local/article_014c5446-6f82-58c0-be0d-d5fd82a120b4.html

As I once said, "It's hard to kill a good villain."

Roger Norton:
Quote from: Roger Norton on January 03, 2011, 04:35:55 AM

I am hoping Randal will meet me inside Wildcat Den State Park to start searching for O'Laughlen's remains. I have a bad back, and I need a youngster like Randal to do the digging. I will not only pay for the shovel but also explain to the park rangers what you're doing. 417 acres shouldn't take too long.

Quote from: Randal on January 03, 2011, 08:52:16 AM

Admit it Roger, you only want me there to guard you from the creepy crawly things that live there!

I made this generous offer almost 1 1/2 years ago, Randal, and it still stands.

Randal:
My statement still stands also :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page