SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new David Herold fiction book  (Read 1326 times)
Steven G. Miller

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »

Oh, oh. Looks like a Maryland-area lady is stirring up the Booth Escape story again and putting words into David Herold's mouth.

http://www.somdnews.com/article/20120523/NEWS/705239726/1075/local-woman-tells-controversial-tale-in-new-book&template=southernMaryland

Anyone familiar with Ms. Bryan?
BoothBuff
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »

Regarding the Booth escaped story, I checked for any new information on the Edwin Booth exhumation request and found nothing. Has anyone heard any more about this?
Gene C

Fido

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »

Without being gruesome, would there be much of anything left to test?
Anyone know what the oldest item that was successfully DNA tested?

The more you know, the more you think the less you know, because you know that you don't know.  The less you know the more you think the more you know, because you don't know that you don't know. 
 (Not bad for an old dog)
BoothBuff
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »

I'm sure a lot of factors are involved, but Jesse James was exhumed and DNA proved the remains were consistent with family members. He died 10 years before Edwin. So was President Taylor - who died in 1850. At any rate, I hope it doesn't happen.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 04:39:23 PM »

I'm sure a lot of factors are involved, but Jesse James was exhumed and DNA proved the remains were consistent with family members. He died 10 years before Edwin. So was President Taylor - who died in 1850. At any rate, I hope it doesn't happen.

I hope it DOES happen.
Two good things can come out of it.
1. If the DNA shows that it was Booth buried at Greenmount, people will shut up about him escaping the barn.
2. If it proves it wasn't Booth, we have a whole lot more sleuthing thing to do! (which will be fun)
Texas or Oklahoma anyone?  Grin

"It was a walking graveyard"
Jim Page

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »

Hey--

Randal wrote:
>>I hope it DOES happen. . . .

As long as I don't have to take stereoscopic photos of the corpse, which I had committed to do (like an idiot) the last time this let's-dig-up-JWB Flying Dutchman sailed past!

I was so relieved when the judge denied the request!!! Sometimes I let my fondness for technology override my common sense.

--Jim
Gene C

Fido

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »

For those who believe JWB was not killed at Garrett's barn, a DNA test will still not convince them if it disagrees with their belief.

(At least that's what Miss Cleo, the TV psychic told me)               
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:49:45 PM by Gene C » Logged

The more you know, the more you think the less you know, because you know that you don't know.  The less you know the more you think the more you know, because you don't know that you don't know. 
 (Not bad for an old dog)
Dawn E Foster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 09:00:30 PM »

Didn't Tina Bryan post here a few times a while back?
Roger Norton
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 02:58:04 AM »

Yes, she made several posts.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 08:01:01 AM »

She was just on earlier reading these posts

"It was a walking graveyard"
Kate Larson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 10:47:58 AM »

Scientists have done DNA testing on Egyption mummies, so I suspect they will get good DNA from a body buried 100 years ago. Why, exactly, are they testing Edwin?
BoothBuff
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 11:33:53 AM »

The family is pushing for it.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/rhode_island/articles/2010/12/24/kin_seek_to_exhume_body_of_lincoln_assassins_brother/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: