SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: in honor of Christopher Lee's 90th birthday  (Read 804 times)
Steven G. Miller

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2012, 02:30:16 PM »

I normally don't read these actor bios blurbs, but I found this one fascinating. 90 things you probably did not know about this underrated and talented actor.

Sherlock Holmes, Lord of the Rings, horror films, Looney Tunes, Danish models, Wagner, James Bond and even Heavy Metal music. What's not to like? Perhaps, of course, the last one. Maybe that's where the Horror comes in.

Hmm . .  I wonder if there are any Booth connections? Anyone, anyone?
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »

Outside of Christopher Walken, Lee is probably my favorite "bad guy" actor. Who on earth can forget all of the "Hammer Film" horrors movies he did as the Count? Better than the Universal ones.

By my estimation, he WAS the best "Dracula" portrayal, on film. Scarier, than Lugosi, but with class. When he wanted to bite your neck, you were looking foward to it! Wink

"It was a walking graveyard"
Jim Page

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 09:47:52 PM »

Christopher Lee could convey menace in such a sophisticated way. I loved the Hammer films he made; I don't think I missed too many of those when I was a kid! He also was a good Sherlock (and Mycroft) Holmes.

--Jim
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 04:57:52 PM »

As a bit of trivia, Christopher Lee was also on the album cover of Paul McCartney's "Band on the Run" releashed in 1973. Wink

BCorbett1865

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 06:25:28 PM »

Steven,
Christopher Lee was also in the original Horatio Hornblower movie with Gregory Peck. He played a Spanish Captain.
Great movie!

Craig
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 07:10:36 PM »

Here he is as Dracula

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: