SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess the correct book title  (Read 787 times)
Steven G. Miller

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:31:36 PM »

Here are four titles of Lincoln Assassination-themed books. Three are phony and one is legit. Without googling, or otherwise checking them out online, can you tell which is the real one?

John Wilkes Booth, Tea Party Hero; How Americaís First Liberal President was Removed by a Patriotic Southern Conservative

Jack the Ripper, American Hero: Was Lincoln's Avenger the Whitechapel Murderer?

Killing Old Abe, The Black Republican: The Murder of our First Mixed-Race President By a Border State Racist

The Medical Mal-Practice Murder of Abraham Lincoln
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:45:04 PM by Steven G. Miller » Logged
BoothBuff
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »

Hard to say, but I'll go with the fourth.
Nan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 05:15:41 AM »

I say #1

Nan
Gene C

Fido

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 05:21:13 AM »

They all look so good!  I'll choose curtain #4, Steve.   (I'll even guess a suggested retail value of only $19.95 - softcover)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:29:01 AM by Gene C » Logged

The more you know, the more you think the less you know, because you know that you don't know.  The less you know the more you think the more you know, because you don't know that you don't know. 
 (Not bad for an old dog)
Thomas Thorne

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:52:12 PM »

I would guess #4 is the fake
    Tom
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »

I would guess #4 is the fake
    Tom

uh,,, that wasn't the question Tom!  Cheesy

"It was a walking graveyard"
Thomas Thorne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 05:29:15 PM »

Sorry,brain dead from work-I would guess #3  is the only "legit" title.
Rob Wick

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »

I'm going to have to disqualify myself from this, because (believe it or not) a few months back I had a customer ask me about the particular book in question.

Best
Rob

Using the internet since the 1990s to avoid actually getting something accomplished.
Steven G. Miller

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 06:43:56 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen! Children of all Ages! I guess it's time to spill the beans!

The correct one was:  Number Two. Yes, there is a recently-published book that claims that the real identity of Jack the Ripper is Boston Corbett!!

The author, a Marylander named Jacob Corbett, has turned out a paperback in which he tries to find some evidence that the man who killed Booth was a serial killer. Based on the parts that I have been able to read online, he doesn't ACTUALLY come up with ANY facts to support this absurd idea. He only stresses that Sgt. Corbett "surely must" have done it.

Yes, my friends, I actually dropped 15-bucks on this. I'll arrive by the end of the week and I'll put up a book review of it.

The other book titles were purely made up. Number four is a book that I am surprised hasn't been written by now. The first one is a sort of snarky political comment and yet a book that I also expect to see one of these days . .  if the political winds keep blowing through the country as they currently are.

The other one is sort of a mirror image of some of the wacky comments that have been turned into real books recently.

I have to admit that I thought that somebody would have picked the correct one right off the bat.
BCorbett1865

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 03:03:18 PM »

Steven,
Since you were brave enough to put up the 15 bucks for this book, I will be brave enough to wait for your review before shelling out the cash! Grin I am sure that it will be entertaining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: