SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Occasional Papers, Vol. 1, #3.  (Read 2917 times)
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:13:20 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Occasional Papers" Vol.1, #3.

"Meet The Boothies"
An indept biography of modern day researchers of the "Abraham Lincoln Assassination" and how their findings cleared up many misconceptions as what we THOUGHT we knew about John Wilkes Booth and the assassination of Lincoln.
This , our Third Issue, will be available on July 7, 2012

Price is $15.95, postage included.
This is a Limited Edition of "Occasional Papers", so don't miss out!

email
What-say-you@hotmail.com
to order your copy.

Send check or M.O. to
Randal Berry
#10 Southmont Circle
Little Rock, AR

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:17:18 PM by Randal » Logged
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:18:05 PM »

Here is an excerpt, a "teaser", if you will.

Throw into the mix the pro/con authors:  The ones that supported Mary Surratt's innocence in print include Helen Jones Campbell, Guy W. Moore, David Miller DeWitt, Charles J. Bauer, and Elizabeth Trindal.  In 2008, however, Dr. Kate Clifford Larson was the first to dedicate a book solely to rebutting those opinions.

Those who wrote that Booth escaped Garrett’s burning barn include David Balsiger, Charles E. Sellier, Jr., Finis Bates, W.C. Jameson, Izola Forrester, the team of Leonard F. Guttridge and Ray Neff, Bernice Babcock, and a few others.

The authors who have written on the evidence against Dr. Samuel A. Mudd have included Edward Steers, Jr. and Samuel Carter III.  Those who have defended the innocence of Mudd include John E. McHale, Jr. and Michael W. Kauffman.  Taking a more moderate stance is author R.K. Summers, a descendant of Dr. Mudd.

This personal assessment of the progress of studies on the Lincoln assassination over the past century is intended to show how challenging the field has become.  We and future researchers will have to compare the “spins” that certain authors make on the story, digest their information and the data that backs up their beliefs, and decide whether or not their opinions are adequately supported by facts.

The criteria I used for this article included questions such as:  What was the catalyst or event that started your interest in the study of the Lincoln assassination?  What discoveries if any, did you un-earth regarding the Lincoln assassination? Are you currently working on any projects?  I also found most, but not all of the "Boothies", were post-World War II or "baby-boomers."  I received a terrific response from nearly everyone who was contacted; and if I left anyone out who felt he/she deserved to be mentioned, I apologize.

The following is an introduction to all of the people who responded, straight from their keyboard, so to speak. The others that didn't or couldn't respond (due to their demise) are recognized in remembrances provided by others.

I have now featured profiles on 26 "Boothies", and we will change the cover "splash"!
Enjoy!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:41:59 PM by Randal » Logged
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:28:26 PM »

I, (we) am back on schedule, after a few minor alterations, and "Occasional Papers" will be available to mail out by July 7th.!

You guy's/gal's, are gonna love it! (I promise)!  Wink

My wife reminded me that I returned about 4-5 checks last week, when I thought the publication was going to be delayed a few weeks from the original date.

So, if you recieved them back, send 'em again, as I think we're back on schedule. Sorry about that, I just don't like holding on the folk's money that long without delivering the goods!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:53:51 PM by Randal » Logged
BoothBuff
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 06:56:41 PM »

This sounds very interesting, especially with regards to the pro/con angle and discoveries the authors have made during their research. One thing that has always amazed me is Mr. Kauffman's theory on how Booth broke his leg. Taken for gospel for 130 + years he did it in his jump at Ford's, one man's 2+2 turned all that on it's ear.

Sounds great and I can't wait! Save one for me.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 06:49:33 PM »

Finals corrections made, with a few "surprising" editions!

Going to the printer tomorrow, hopefully I'll have it back by Thursday.

Thanks for the pre-orders, and this will be a Limited Special Edition, a one-of-a-kind!

Don't miss out, once there gone, there GONE!

Check EBay in a couple of years!  Wink
EIsaacs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 05:59:11 PM »

This sounds great Randal, I'm think I'm starting to get the hang of this. My check will be in the mail. If you have #1 and/or #2 still available, please send me a private email total and I'll get that out to you.

Ed
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »

Ed, I have alot of copies of #1. still available, and only a few of #2.

I'll send you an email.

Randal
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 07:23:11 AM »

Finally at the printer now, (after a few last minute changes!)

I am extremely excited about this issue, and could not have pulled it off without the help from Jill, Steve, Richard Sloan, Laurie Verge, etc.

I liken this issue to "history-in-the-making", a comphrensive booklet of those who brought the study of the Lincoln assassination to modern times. I don't believe this website would be here today if it wasn't for this group of people, and I know for a fact, we wouldn't know what we know today if it weren't for this group!

This IS a LIMITED run, so order quickly, (or check Ebay in a few years, and pay out the nose!)  Shocked
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 07:37:19 AM by Randal » Logged
Rob Wick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 10:12:51 AM »

Randal,

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. Cheesy

No? OK, then, my check is in the mail.

Best
Rob

Using the internet since the 1990s to avoid actually getting something accomplished.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 05:56:59 AM »

I picked up the final proof yesterday for O.P., and it look's great!
I'll be picking them up today and mailing them out tomorrow.  Wink

Thanks to all who had ordered!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:39:43 PM by Randal » Logged
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »

Mailed out 21 orders this afternoon, thanks everyone for being patience! Wink
Tom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »

Cheesy  Happy to be the first to post a thumbs-up review for the fine Issue #3 of Occasional Papers. Well-done, Randall! As someone who discovered the wonderful Surratt and L-A folks only in 2006, I, too, kept asking "Who were/are those guys?" about all the Boothie names I kept hearing. We are all so indebted to their dedicated scholarship, and it was nice to read your profiles of them in this issue. It puts into perspective our heritage, and properly recognizes those who laid the foundation upon which we build when we do any research or share any conference insights, or publish anything about the assassination.  Anyone who may have missed Randal's posts about O.P., I'd recommend sending him a check (a reasonable $15.95, if I recall correctly) for an issue before they're gone. Nice job!

Tom Bogar
Dawn E Foster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 08:00:09 PM »

It was sure nice to see so many familiar faces, put faces to names so often mentioned here, and even meet a few I'd never heard of.  And I always love to hear people's stories.  Thanks, Randal, nice job!
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 07:33:42 PM »

Thanks everyone for the great reviews!

I just recieved this email from Richard Sloan, one of the "fab four"!

The issue is great!  I thank you so much for featuring me and John, Paul, and George.  To even be considered on the same cover with these 3 greats is mind boggling, and I don’t think I deserve it.    The issue is terrific, and I applaud you for saluting all the others!   This is a real keepsake. It's like being on the cover of the Lincoln assassination version of LIFE or TIME!  Believe it or not, thanx to you I am learning things about my old friends that I never knew before!   
Nan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 04:45:09 AM »

Randal - Just finished reading #3 of O.P.  I always wondered about the background of some of the people "behind the blog."  The pictures are also fantastic.  Your cover was absolutely spot on - these are truly the "rock stars" of the L.A.

Nan
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: