SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TravelBrains "In the Footsteps of an Assassin" by Michael Kauffman  (Read 2541 times)
Steven G. Miller

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:02:41 PM »

Mike Kauffman's much anticipated tour guide to the JWB Escape Trail is available now at http://www.travelbrains.com/Destinations/Booth/Booth.html
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 04:38:31 AM »

I already ordered mine. It should be great! I have been anticipating this for quite awhile.
Mike is "the" expert along Booth's escape route. He narrated more tours of the escape route for the Surratt House, and other groups, than anyone.

Here's the description:

Michael W. Kauffman, author of American Brutus: John Wilkes Booth and the Lincoln Conspiracies, has been exploring and writing about the Lincoln assassination for over forty years. His investigations have taken him to every location connecting the conspirators with the assassination and given him access to evidence and artifacts that few others have seen in person.

In the Footsteps of an Assassin is a groundbreaking new way to explore the past that transcends the pages of history to take you to the places of history. Join Michael on a personal journey as he narrates a tour of the sites where John Wilkes Booth devised and carried out his plan to assassinate the President. Explore the sites virtually on your computer or download the tour to your smartphone and visit them in person.

In The Footsteps of an Assassin includes:

164-page illustrated history book
Mobile audio tour (CD)
Virtual web-based tour
Smartphone tour (iPhone only)

"It was a walking graveyard"
Nan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 05:34:46 AM »

Wow oh Wow.  I bought it immediately.  Thanks for posting, Steven.

Nan
rich smyth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 07:01:37 AM »

Jim Garrett who volunteers at Fords saw this about 6 weeks ago there when the publisher sent a copy for review. Jim said it looked very good, I am ordering a copy. My daughter lives in Bethesda, MD and we visit every Thanksgiving . Can't wait to try it out.
rich smyth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 09:28:14 AM »

Oh, and did I mention a previously unpublished picture of Elizabeth Quensenberry.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 05:19:30 AM »

This from TravelBrains: regarding "In The Footsteps of an Assassin"

We are experiencing some difficulties with our e-commerce service currently. If you would like to order the product, please call us toll-free at 888 458-6475.

Steven G. Miller

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 08:14:03 PM »

The photo of Mrs. Quesenberry is incredible. Mike sent me a copy of around 20 years ago and asked that I not share it with any one. It was hard to keep to myself and I'm glad it finally made it into print. Can't wait to see the finished project.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 12:09:23 PM »

WOW! Got my copy this morning and having watched the CD and read the book with it, this project by Mike is INCREDIBLE!
Almost beyond belief! It's like you are*   riding along side of Booth and Herold and seeing the places they went to!

Buy this now! Order copies for friends, relatives, those pesky mother-in laws, etc. (Just kidding)

Seriously, a Fantabulous book!

*grammatical correction by an septuagenarian acquaintance Wink (no, no, no, talking abt Miller) Grin

So, saddle up, and make this journey with Kauffman!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:10:03 PM by Randal » Logged

Nan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »

I also got my copy today and spent the next two hours reading through the companion history book.  It alone is worth the purchase price. There are pictures here that I've never seen before, such as the aforementioned one of Mrs. Quesenberry, the bed Booth slept in at the Garrett farm, the Star Hotel, etc.  Each locale on the tour is beautifully referenced and mapped. 

And kudos to Randal Berry and Steven Miller for being included in the Acknowledgments portion of the book.

Nan
BoothBuff
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 07:44:46 AM »

I ordered mine this morning. The dude that took my order said thanks for the good press, Randal & Steve.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »

Thanks Joe!
I know you will enjoy this, and download it to your phone when you go to Clinton in March.

EIsaacs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 05:42:51 PM »

Even my ancestor George Dixon's diary page 27, was recognized on page 112&113. For Mike Kauffman to have included this in his book, it show's the significance of the diary. It is a great honor for George and me.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 08:43:32 PM »

I, of course saw that Ed, and congrats!!!!!!!
What, with Your research into the assassination, you certainly deserve a "Mention" in Kauffman's book!
I was very surprised I was in there! LOL!

Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »

Here's my review, that I sent in to a few places.

Eminent Lincoln assassination historian Michael Kauffman has again, outdone himself when he produced "In the Footsteps of An Assassin"! Teeming with obscure facts, Kauffman's description of John Wilkes Booth escape route will leave you breathless. Never has a description of John Wilkes Booth miraculous get away from a packed theatre in downtown Washington, D.C., has been more thoroughly examined. Loaded with pictures, easy to understand routes, audio CD, downloadable to smartphone app, this is the ultimate self-guided
tour. Many of the original buildings, etc., still stand today making this even more historic as you travel the route of the assassin.

Saddle-up with Mr. Kauffman as he guides you from the theatre where our 16th President was murdered, and meet along the way other's who played a part in America's greatest murder mystery, until the assassin reaches his final destination in a tobacco barn in Virginia.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: