SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Theatre names in the Triangle  (Read 593 times)
jonathan

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2012, 08:39:38 AM »

I never gave it much thought, but it just occured to me that here in Raleigh we have the Lincoln Theatre, while right next door in Cary they have the Booth Amphitheatre. Anybody else just think that's kind of messed up??   Wink

"I try not to break the rules, but merely to test their elasticity" - Bill Veeck
Mr Hess

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 04:51:33 PM »

I did not know that,and I live in the Triangle too!
But only for the last year and a half.....
jonathan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 08:27:31 AM »

What part of the area do you live in? I believe there are at least a couple of others on this forum that live here. I had thought about at some point having an informal get together of locals and have a little assassination chat.

"I try not to break the rules, but merely to test their elasticity" - Bill Veeck
Rick Miller

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 07:48:01 PM »

Count me in----I've lived in Raleigh since 1967.....
jonathan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 07:55:37 AM »

Sure thing Rick, I'll try and find out how many more of us are on here and we'll make it happen at some point here. I know there are at least 4 of us.

saxpower

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 08:21:16 PM »

A better one is that there is a Booth Theatre on Broadway, named for Edwin.   In opened in 1913 and is still operating and presenting Broadway shows.   In 1915, it booked a play.... Our American Cousin.   You'd think someone even then would have considered that... at least odd.

There is also a "Lincoln Center" in NYC that does include a Broadway Theatre.. but its 20 blocks away.
BCorbett1865

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 08:52:23 PM »

Fellows,

I don't live in the triangle, but I live about 30 minutes from Charlotte (Dallas NC). We have a railroad location here named Booth Ford! I always wondered where that name came from.

Craig
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: