SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Booth Poem  (Read 2051 times)
Dave Taylor
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 08:25:43 PM »

There's nothing I'd like more than to go to the Surratt Conference, but as a first year teacher, I don't think I'll have the time or money to make it this year.  I'm not ruling it out entirely, but I also have a newly born nephew in Arizona and any traveling money should probably go towards visiting him.

I did look though, and the weekend of the Surratt Conference is the start of my spring break.  If I could fly out Thursday and take off that Friday, I could hang out at the Surratt House and Hall Research Center all week annoying Laurie!
historynut1123

A modern-day Lew!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »

Why don't you post your poem here as well.  I'd love to read it.

Who? Wha? Me?? Welllll......... drags feet...

Sure. But I'll put it on a new thread, 'cause this one was started by Dave, and his poem rocks socks.  Smiley

Mine is a bit sad and sentimental, so it's hard to share because if you know my posts I tend to be more comfortable writing about something light and full of snark.  Tongue  But okay.

The Surratt conference- oh, that would be divine to attend. Hey, jealousy....

"But hark! The doorbell rings and Mr.J.W. Booth is announced. And listen to the scamperings. Such brushing and fixing."-letter of John Surratt, observing sister Anna
Conspirator9
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 07:10:51 AM »

Write what you feel comfortable sharing!  When I get up the nerve to actually write a poem I'll be right there with you!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: