SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boothie Wallpapers  (Read 1616 times)
Dave Taylor
« on: October 09, 2010, 10:18:23 PM »

While I'm not all that handy with Photoshop, I know enough to get by.  Here are a few desktop wallpapers I created awhile back for my own computer and felt like sharing with the group.  I have a wide screen monitor which is why they are so wide, but I think they would still work on standard monitors.  If you like them, feel free to use them.

This is the first one I made which I call "The Conspirators' Visions".  It has Booth and the four executed conspirators with ghost visions of their hanging bodies surrounding them. Click for large 1440 x 900 size.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:05:41 PM by Dave Taylor » Logged
Dave Taylor
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 10:28:29 PM »

I call this one the "Ghosts of Garrett's Farm"  All I did was take an engraving of Booth dying on the Garrett porch and put a picture I took of the current Garrett site behind it. Click for bigger size.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:55:17 PM by Dave Taylor » Logged
Dave Taylor
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 10:33:37 PM »

And my last one is called "March 13th, 1865 - The Meeting".  It shows Booth and the original conspirators plotting the kidnapping scheme. Click for big size.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:56:32 PM by Dave Taylor » Logged
Dave Taylor
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 08:00:07 PM »

I've uploaded the high quality ones in case anyone is interested.

I know I have no shame...
kharv

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 08:07:37 PM »

Wow Dave, those are pretty good!

I've messed around with Photoshop some in the past and have been wanting to work on a few projects.  I may have some new subject matter to work on Grin.
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:18:10 PM »

Very impressive Dave!

"It was a walking graveyard"
rich smyth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:33:12 AM »

Great work Dave. I love the one at the Garrett farm.
historynut1123

A modern-day Lew!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »

Thanks, Dave! I hope you don't mind if I use one!

"But hark! The doorbell rings and Mr.J.W. Booth is announced. And listen to the scamperings. Such brushing and fixing."-letter of John Surratt, observing sister Anna
Rob Wick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »

Those are pretty cool Dave, especially the one at Garrett's Farm.

Best
Rob

Using the internet since the 1990s to avoid actually getting something accomplished.
Dave Taylor
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 03:34:14 PM »

Thank you kindly, lady and gents.

On "The Meeting", I didn't know what to use as the background so I settled with an interior shot of the Petersen House.  That's why there's a picture of Stanton right over Booth's head.  It's almost as if I'm trying to implicate him or something... Wink
Dave Taylor
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »

In celebration of an indescribably talented friend of mine starting a job at a certain museum in Maryland, I put together this image.  She'll be getting a mousepad with this on it soon, but it could work as a wallpaper too.

The top has places Booth and Davy visited: Ford's, Surratt Tavern, Davy's House, Dr. Mudd's, the Potomac, and Huckleberry.  The bottom part shows a picture of the dynamic duo with images of their last moments of life flanking them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:13:46 PM by Dave Taylor » Logged
leaycraft

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 08:55:41 PM »

Not to be too picky but Davey and Booth also visited Rich Hill, The Pine Thicket, Claydael,  the Lucas Capin  and the Peyton House in Port Royal as well. 
Dave Taylor
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 09:12:54 PM »

Absolutely right.  The drawings come from Thomas Jones' and (oddly enough) Finis Bates' books.  They also had drawings of Cleydael, Rich Hill, Dent's Meadow, and even the Collis house.  I'd love to have given Mrs. Quesenberry's house and the Garrett house some representation too but couldn't find nice line drawings to use. Plus, knowing my friend's affinity for Davy, I had to include his house.  Wink

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:27:38 PM by Dave Taylor » Logged
historynut1123

A modern-day Lew!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 07:07:12 AM »

I would definitely want one of those DT-designed mouse pads! Nice work, Dave.

"But hark! The doorbell rings and Mr.J.W. Booth is announced. And listen to the scamperings. Such brushing and fixing."-letter of John Surratt, observing sister Anna
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: