SMF - Just Installed!
Username  
Password
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer Desktop Wallpaper  (Read 668 times)
Roger Norton
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:54:44 AM »

For the sake of variety I change my computer's desktop wallpaper often. Right now I am using one of the scenes from The Conspirator. In truth there are thousands of assassination-related images on the Internet. You can also use a photo already on your hard drive as a desktop wallpaper - one of my neighbors uses her grandchildren's photo as her desktop background.

There are a few ways to go about this, but here's the steps I followed to use a scene from The Conspirator:

1.  Click here.

2.  Type The Conspirator into the search form.

3.  Pick the picture you'd like for your computer's desktop wallpaper.

4.  Click on your choice.

5,  When the picture you chose appears on your screen, right click on it and choose "Set as Background."

6.  Close your browser and see if it worked.

I am using Windows 7, but these directions should work for any Windows OS.

Write me if you have a problem.  If making ANY changes whatsoever to your computer makes you nervous, set a restore point prior to trying this. That way you can always return your computer to the state it was in prior to attempting changes .

Depending on your monitor's size, shape, and resolution, it's possible the new wallpaper won't look perfect. Just keep experimenting until you get one that looks perfect to your eyes.

If you try this and your computer explodes, don't write me.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:54:13 AM by Roger Norton » Logged
Randal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:53:50 AM »

Computer Alert folk's!
Did you happen to see the # of posts Roger made while posting this?
NOT a good number!  Wink

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 05:23:22 PM by Randal » Logged
Tranquil Mayhem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 10:20:26 AM »

I'm pretty fond of my current wallpaper.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4756/lincolnz.png

(...I hope no one minds my replying to older threads.)

But Nature cast me for the part she found me best fitted for, and I have had to play it, and must play it till the curtain falls.
Roger Norton
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 02:13:16 PM »

Susan, my eye caught the Chrome and Firefox icons. I have pretty much abandoned IE in favor of those two.
Tranquil Mayhem

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »

I approve of abandoning IE. The only time I use it is when I get a new computer and need to download one of the others... And even then, using it is quite painful.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_le3n1ipEgG1qb3lg0o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1303247308&Signature=5G3Ppwtk2WL8z5UW%2BrWgiz9YMQk%3D

Grin

But Nature cast me for the part she found me best fitted for, and I have had to play it, and must play it till the curtain falls.
Dave Taylor
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »

(...I hope no one minds my replying to older threads.)

I don't mind.  It gives me the chance to shamelessly revive my own wallpaper creations.
Tranquil Mayhem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »

Ooh, those are nice! And they're conveniently the resolution my laptop uses. Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: